- You may use the web pages located under the domain openfindata.io (“this website”) on the terms set out on this page. They are not intended to form a contract between you and us.
- You should read these terms carefully before using this website. Definitions of particular words and phrases used on this website can be found at the end. We do not permit you to access this website or use any content if you do not comply with these terms.
Using this Website and our API
This website is intended only to give you information about us and our products and services. We do not intend, through this website, to:
- 3.1. make you any promises;
- 3.2. make any contractual offer to you;
- 3.3. supply any products or services to you.
You have our permission to browse this website and in so doing make use of its content through a web browser. Unless we explicitly say otherwise, you may not use this website for any other purpose. For example, you may not download this website or any part of it for your own use.
You also have our permission to use our API to submit queries to our database but subject to the following restrictions:
- 5.1. You may not extract any API data or use the API data for any other purpose other than for your own internal or private use (which shall not include passing or communicating the API data to a third party);
- 5.2. You may not copy, modify, adapt, correct errors in, or create derivative works from, any API data; and
- 5.3. You may not decode, reverse engineer, disassemble, decompile, translate, convert, observe, study or test the functioning of our API;
Information about you: privacy
- [If you subscribe to emails from us using this website, you consent to us using your email address for the purposes set out in our [privacy notice], which contains more detail about what sorts of emails we may send you.]. Every email of this kind will contain a link to allow you to unsubscribe from our mailing lists].
- We may process other information about you, such as the IP address from which you access this website. For more information about how we process your information, please see our privacy notice.
- While we try to make sure that this website is secure, we cannot guarantee the security of any information that you supply to us and therefore we cannot guarantee that it will be kept confidential. For that reason, you should not submit any information you regard as confidential. Any information you do submit, you submit at your own risk.
- Cookies are short text files stored in your web browser to allow us to remember you when you return to this website. More information about the particular cookies we use may be found on our privacy page.
Personal data in the API data
- To the extent that the API data contains any personal data, each party shall be a separate controller of the personal data and responsible for its own compliance with data protection laws.
Accuracy of information and availability of this website
While we hope that this website, our database, and the API data, are accurate, up-to-date and free from bugs, we cannot promise that they will be. Furthermore, we cannot promise that this website, our database or the API data will be fit or suitable for any purpose. Any reliance that you may place on the information of this website is at your own risk.
We may suspend or terminate operation of this website and/or our API at any time as we see fit.
Any content is provided for your general information purposes only. It does not constitute technical, financial or legal advice or any other type of advice and should not be relied upon for any purposes.
Ownership, use and intellectual property rights
- Except where any of our content is associated with a more specific intellectual property licence – whether it is more or less restrictive than this one – and to the extent that you need our permission to do so, we give you a licence to use all intellectual property rights in the content of our website, but only for the purpose of browsing the website using conventional web browsing tools.
- All intellectual property rights in the API or our database from which the API data is served shall remain vested in us, but we grant you a revocable licence for so long as these terms apply to do anything permitted under these terms that would otherwise infringe that intellectual property. To the extent that we own any database right or database copyright in the database, we licence those rights to you under the Open Data Commons Open Database License.
- To the extent that any API data is subject to any other intellectual property rights, you should check that the source from which we have obtained the API data permits you to use it, or you otherwise have the right to use it, for any particular purpose. The laws protecting intellectual property rights over information are sufficiently complicated that we cannot be sure whether any particular thing you plan to do with the API data is, in your jurisdiction, lawful. Accordingly, we disclaim any liability associated with any intellectual property right, other than ours, arising out of your use of the API data.
- Nothing contained on the database, API or API data should be construed as granting, by implication or otherwise, any licence or right to use any Trade Marks displayed on the database, API or API data without written permission of the owners of the Trade Mark or a licensee with the authority to give that permission.
Changes to these terms
- We reserve the right to vary these terms from time to time. Our new terms will be displayed on this website and by continuing to use and access this website and our API following such changes, you agree to be bound by any variation made by us. It is your responsibility to check these terms from time to time to verify such variations.
Hyperlinks and third party sites
- This website may contain hyperlinks or references to third party websites other than this website. Any hyperlinks or references are provided for your convenience only. We have no control over third party websites and accept no legal responsibility for any content, material or information contained in them. The display of any hyperlink and reference to any third party website does not mean that we endorse that third party’s website, products or services. Your use of a third party site may be governed by the terms and conditions of that third party site.
Disputes and liability
Except for any legal responsibility that we cannot exclude in law (such as for death or personal injury caused by our negligence and our statutory duties under data protection law), we have no liability to you connected with your use of our website. For example, we are not liable for:
- 20.1. any missing or inaccurate content;
- 20.2. any unavailability of the website;
- 20.3. any incompatibility of this website and/or our API with any particular browser or browser plugin; or
- 20.4. economic loss or other loss of turnover, profit, business or goodwill.
The API data has been collected from public sources over which we have no control, we are therefore unable to ensure that API data is accurate, complete or otherwise of any particular quality and accordingly we disclaim any liability for the accuracy, completely or any other quality or absence of quality of the API data.
Parts of, or the whole of, any public data source may be withdrawn by its provider without any warning and without reference to us. We do not promise that any particular data will be available and we disclaim any liability for the absence of any data from our database.
These terms are to be interpreted in accordance with English law and the courts of England shall have jurisdiction to settle any disputes arising from your use of the website.
In these terms, certain words and phrases have a particular meaning as follows:
- 24.1. “API” means our application programming interface;
- 24.2. “API data” means the information returned by our API;
- 24.3. “content” means any text, images, video, audio or other multimedia content, software, or other information or material submitted to or on the website, other than the API;
- 24.4. “controller, “personal data” and “processing” have the same meaning as in the EU General Data Protection Regulation, or, if it is no longer in force in the United Kingdom, the law replacing it in the United Kingdom and “processing” when applied to personal information includes storage of that information;
- 24.5. “database” means the Openfindata database;
- 24.6. “extract” means to permanently or temporarily transfer any API data from this website to another medium by any means or in any form, including by using computer programmes (scraping);
- 24.7. “intellectual property” means any rights in patents, design, copyright, databases, trade marks, domain names confidential information and all other forms of intellectual property, whether registered or unregistered, wherever in the world;
- 24.8. “you” or “your” means the person accessing or using the website or its content; and
- 24.9. “we”, “us” or “our” refers to OpenFindata Ltd, a company incorporated in England and Wales (company number 12393324) and whose registered address is at 1st Floor, The Brew, Eagle House, 163 City Road, London, EC1V 1NR, United Kingdom